Thursday, November 24, 2005

It's been a while . . .

Ok, ok, I know it's been a while since I last posted. But I've been working on holiday gifts. Can't really post pics of those, now can I?


Well, I thought you might like to see other projects that are in holding pattern. So . . . This is my table cloth that may be finished someday. It is knit with size 0 needles. Each star is knit separetly as is each seed square. They are then joined up.









See, the cats are "helping"!












Here is that shawl I mentioned? The one the cats dragged out from under the door? Well, the damage isn't as bad as I feared . . . but it isn't good.


















Just the two major holes that I can see. Too bad I don't have any more of that yarn. Maybe I could find more and either rip out to the first hole (shudder) or try to fix the holes in situ. Who knows. I'm not worrying about it now. Did I mention I was working on holiday gifts??







Here is the hat I'm working on with Lorna's Laces. I'm using the magic loop method and trying to knit one color by throwing -- my prefered method -- and the other color by picking.












Don't make fun. It's my first at color knitting. No, the white blobs are not ducks. Sigh. They're just blobs.












Here is my current "Theater Knitting" -- the project I drag to the movies. It's Lorna's Lace's Helen's Lace -- the color is Rainbow Valley I think. It'll be a Faroese shawl when it grows up.











These were my parent's birthday gifts. The clogs were my fathers. The clogs are felted Galway.










The amulet bag (yes, that's what that other thing is) was for my mother to keep her medicine in so she would be more likely to remember to actually take them. Plus it is a better place to stuff them than in her pocket. It is made of Opal's fingering weight and is crocheted.







And here are two of FIVE my kitties.



Wait . . . Should I scratch this instead of knitting? Nah. I could eat this carpeting too . . . But I prefer Addi Turbo needle cables!!











I'm innocent. I never touched your shawl. I was sleeping. Besides, you know my kittens did it anyway. I'm too mature. And did I mention I was sleeping at the time?

No comments: