Tuesday, April 04, 2006

April Showers . . .

. . . Make me want to knit really heavy, warm cardigans. Not that I am knitting said heavy, warm cardigans. I just want to. And I am refraining for two very good reasons. First, I want to work on others things more, and Second . . . because I know I won't work on it at all when it hits 120 degrees in the shade.

I bet you all think I've been doing nothing lately. Well, I have actually *finished* (yes, as in completed, and done) a few projects. Namely, a pair of socks, a sweater, and a cardigan. And no, I don't have pictures. Can you guess why?? If you said because I don't have the camera, you win a virtual knitting star.

What I currently have on the needles include 3 pairs of socks (yes, well, can't have just one, can we? And besides, one pair isn't even for me!), a sweater that is supposed to be for the week of Spring I know we'll have just before I finish the thing, a tablecloth that might be done someday -- if I find nothing I'd rather work on, another table cloth-- the same one I've worked on since 2001 or there-abouts (think hundreds of small hand-sized units knit on size 0's) which is my purse project (ie project that lives in my purse), a gift and therefore must remain unknown and unmentioned -- except it must be mentioned for WIP (work in progess) credit , a shawl about to be rrrriiiiippppeeeedddd out because it now seems to scream "I wanna be a sweater!". Some linen blend that wants to be *Something* crocheted, but hasn't made up its mind. And a few others that have been stashed in a closet at home.

I have no theater knitting right now and that worries me. It usually means that I will suddenly go out to see a movie and have to stop by the shop to pick out yarn, needles and get it started, and to a point where I can knit without thought. Which means I "should" start something soon to be ready for said theater project. The only problem: Nothing is calling out to be said theater knitting project. Sigh.

Oddly enough, I have finally out-smarted my cats. I think. I have had no new knitting related disasters with any of my four-legged children. Don't get me wrong -- they have done plenty of other things but nothing knitting related. And no, I still haven't fixed the shawl disaster. The pain is still too fresh. ;)

I promise on a stack of "Knitting Without Tears" (by E. Zimmerman) that I *will* post photos of my FOs (finished objects) when (and if, mind) I get the camera back.

Happy Knitting (and Crocheting!!)
Briony

No comments: