Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Gifts and Beginnings





Chrisanne finished her white 'sampler' sweater out of Cascade's Sierra! We're all so proud! Don't come in hoping to see her in it though. It's too big for her. Not a gauge shift, just she over-guestimated how big she wanted it. We were dreading ripping it all out. Then . . . it found a new, happier, home. Isn't it wonderful when an "ooops" becomes a "great!"? Thelma's happy with her new sweater at any rate!



Here's a hat made of about 160 yards of Encore Colorspun Worsted. I had to use a 4 to get 5 sts/in. Anyway, I was inspired by Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and knit it up in a tube, and then, without decreasing or casting off, cut the yarn and pulled it through the stitches on the needle. I think she's right -- this is a much better learner/beginner project than a scarf.

Oh, and I finished my first Afghan Square. I'm not entirely content with the tension shifts, but I did get cables without a needle down in addition to learning how to read the cable symbols. I hope my next with cables (but no cable needle) will be smoother. So here it is, blocking on the sofa in the back room :) And I bet you thought the sofa was for sitting on! HAH!
Happy Knitting Folks,
Briony

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah I found you guys! This is great... Keep a look out for me I will be posting more comments soon. Hi Chrianne Hi Briony Wow I know you told me about the cat Incident but its still shocking to see it! I found the pattern for my pink sweater and Im finishing the final arm!!! YAH! Im half way along on one leg of the "Ms. Green"
shorts out of KnitScene Mag. And still woking on the front side of Dogwood Donna the sweater from the same mag. (wipes brow) phew!

Yarn Shoppe said...

Wow! That's great Iris!! Way to go on the sweaters and the shorts!! You are so going to beat me on those you know. I haven't touched since I saw you last. Yeah, the cat incidents are numerous and painful. :) Don't work too hard Iris! Then maybe I can catch up with the shorts giggle
~Briony

hpy_sparrow said...

http://sparrownews.blogspot.com/

Lookie :)