Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I got pics!

Ok, here are some pictures -- FINALLY. ;)
This first one is the moebius bag that I'm doing a class on this Month. This is the little guy NOT felted. It stays up *much* better once it's felted. Which is the second picture. Ah. The one on the left is Arucana Nature Wool doubled and the one to the right is knit up single strand. Both on size 10.5 Addi Turbo - 60". This is a great illustration, folks, about gauge. The one on left was done to gauge, the one on right not. :) We thought this would be a both a good demo for next month's gauge class and also to show how they feel different if knit single or double stranded and then felted. Either way, we love 'em both.















Now, here we have a sweater. The pics came out terrible. The one on the left is the full thing. It fits me, although it barely gets to my waist (I *swear* it did before I bound off!! argh). It has one fat cable down each sleeve and one down the center chest. The neck is a crochet shell all around. The wrists are a good 2.5 inches of k2p2 ribbing as is the bottom. It is out of Plymouth's Alpaca Boucle and I LOVE it. I wore nearly daily back when it was still cool. Ah, the fond memories of NOT sweating. ;) The second photo is a close up of a sleeve and the cable. I hope. The flash did as much good as not sadly. Let's face it. I'm not great at this picture stuff. :)







Now these lovely dears are the pair of socks I made for my man. They are mainly Lola, by Schaeffer yarns, which is hand dyed and each skein unique. The cuffs, heels and toes are Cascade 220 superwash black. The leg is a whopping 10" of k2p2. Do you remember I don't like ribbing? I don't, but my love does. Ah well. Anyway, I knit them both at the same time on my trusty size 2 Addi Turbo 60" using the Crazy Toes and Heels method -- my fav. :)








In addition, I finished, yes FINISHED the Cascade pearls sweater. And I got to wear for one day -- well, the car ride home from work -- and then it was too hot to wear again. Sigh. Finished it Friday. I'll get a pic up as soon as I, ahem, take one. ;)

More later, and until then HAPPY KNITTING and CROCHETING! Remember -- this is THE time to start Holiday gifts. You'll be sorry later if you don't start soon! We all remember previous years and they weren't pretty.


~Briony

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.