Thursday, January 11, 2007

All the Colors in the Rainbow

What have I been doing, eh? It's been, what?, nearly a week. Surely I have oodles of new projects, pictures of completed ones. Tales of daring knitting adventures.

Nope.

I ripped out the sleeves on the top down sweater I was working on, re figured it myself and started up again. I just didn't like the fit of the old ones. Somehow, the sleeves are still in progress. And no, I haven't worked on anything else here. I dunno. I must have been working. :-)

Chrisanne has started several things but I caught her latest here:
AWESOME eh? She's got 21 colors in here! It's roughly based on a Kaffe Fawcet Tumbling Blocks sweater which is based on three groups of lights, brights and darks. She's got each group in a different Lantern Moon basket. She's moving all the ends onto bobbins now -- 3 yards loose tail of each was the original plan. Before The Tangle. Anyway, this gorgeous sweater is out of mercerized cotton -- Cotton Classic, King Tut and Butterfly 10. And, guess what? Ssshhh . . . she's making notes as she's knitting! She is also saying that she is insane working with so many colors. But as she says, her husband won't say it's depressing!
So there ya go. Briony's slogged down on sleeves of a sweater, and Chrisanne is boldly striding into a rainbow, grabbing strands and knitting 'em in a fantastic sweater.
Bets are NOT being taken on the completion of either project at this time. Not that I'm bitter about the sleeves. Oh, no. Not at all.
~Briony

No comments: