Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sweater and Things . . .


Well, I finished another pair of socks, but since I cast-on another pair right afterwards, I'm not changing my list of projects :) These are Plymouth's Clecheaton, 100% wool, worsted weight. The bottoms burgandy, with Skacel's F/S darning thread for reinforement in the toes and heels. The tops are Cleckheaton too, but in black.












This is the typical table at the Yarn Shoppe -- at least in front of me. This is my sweater. I started it yesterday -- Got gauge and all that Tuesday. It will be my first yoke sweater. I wanted to use up the brown yarn in my stash -- Bernat Illusions in Earth Tones which I can't get anymore. I wanted it warm though, so I added a strand of Cascade's 220 Superwash Aran. I'm working at 2.5 spi on a 10-1/2 addi.



Here is a less messy view. This is to show that I'm working both sleeves at once, each thus having it's own skein of Illusions and 220 Superwash. Then the center one is for the body.
Ok, so the center is the front, and the sleeves are just beginning, one on each naturally, with a 60" Addi working them both at the same time. The blue point protectors are holding the needle points of the 24" that is holding the body stitches.





After I get some part of this done, I'll pick up the neck and add a cowl neck. I cast on with a provisional cast on to make this easier (the yellow waste yarn).
Well, that is all for now. :) I hope to finish the sweater soon so I can wear it. I'm freezing!

~Briony
And I've started a sweater.

No comments: