Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Holidays!


Here is what Chrisanne made for Briony for Christmas this year! A lovely Cashmere sweater! I was actually warm! Can you believe it? Briony. Warm. In the same sentence. With no negative in it. Amazing. :)

It's a very dark brown/black tweed with lots of specks of reds, yellows etc. It has a lovely cowl neck, achieved, I am told, by changing needle sizes three times. It's in garter and very, very warm and cozy. The belt is around the top of my hips, for reference. It's a lovely loose sweater, perfect for cuddling up in.

I did a clog christmas really. Just not on purpose. I started with a pair for my husband -- with some adaptations just for him. Picy tomorrow or so. Then due to a complete lack of inspiration I did a pair for my father in law. While I was getting this last completed I found that my father was literally wearing the pair I made for him last year out. So . . . I made him a pair. I should probably work at least one pair in the next few months. Because, I can tell you, I was beginning to hate clogs very much by late October. :) Which is when they were all done.


At the shop I'm working on an afghan I've been working on for literally years. Why aren't I done? Haven't worked on it much. :) Here's a piccy of what I have done so far:
I hope to get at least one more repeat done and then the bottom. I'm not sure what I will do for a border, other than I want one. I may do shell just because I have such a hard time remembering it. I'm really NOT that good at crochet. Be kind. :)
I won't post another pic of this kiddo until it's done. :)
Happy Holidays for the last week of the year!
~Briony

No comments: