Thursday, December 21, 2006

Socks are Done!

The days are passing, the days are darker, today is all lovely and rainy and I've finished a pair of worsted weight socks for myself. YEA! :)
Aren't they cool? Well, I love 'em . They're from Schaeffer's Lola yarn. So soft -- and I mean soft. Like creamy soft. Like cuddle up with forever soft. The heels and toes are Filatura de Crossa's Zarella. Another really soft yarn -- cushy as all get out too. Love it!

I knit them, both at once, on a size 2 Addi Turbo, 60" long circular. Can you believe it? And that was just to get 6 sts/inch. If I start knitting any looser I'll have to start making my own needles out of piano wire. I'm wearing as soon as I wash 'em!





And here! Here we have something very special -- although not as unusal as you might think in the knitting world. What I am talking about is a lovely customer -- friend -- who knit two excellent bags out of these two Cascade 220 Tweeds -- and then knit up swatches for us to felt and post. On top of each is a tassel to show off the color prefelting. Knitters are the best. Thanks, and hats off to Lois!!




I'm off for now, boys and girls so a Happy Holidays again! Unless I finish something tomorrow. Highly unlikely. I'm about to start another pair of worsted weight socks (my feet are cold) and then bring in a blanket I've been crocheting for ages. I'm NOT a fast crocheter. Ah well.

~Briony

No comments: